If you feel you're a qualified candidate for the position listed below, please email your resume to email@example.com and write "Systems Operations L2/L3 Backup Analyst" in the subject line.
JOB PURPOSE/SUMMARY STATEMENT:
To develop, improve, and build customer relationships by supporting Netgain’s Datacenter operations. This is a full-time, salaried position with a 90-day review period for new employees. Position may include scheduled time outside of normal business hours and require pager rotation schedules.
This position will have specific responsibilities maintaining Netgain’s data backups and restores. Qualified candidates should generally have 3-5 years of server administration experience and have some background in data management, backup software, backup and restore techniques for network OS, database and/or specific application environments.
This position reports to the Systems Operations (SysOps) manager. This position will coordinate activities across several teams.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining Netgain’s backup architecture: This includes following defined SOP, daily review of the backup logs, documenting results, performing tape rotations and preparations for the next backups. This also includes incident and event response, such as responding failed backups, error messages, warnings, performing vendor escalation and team escalation as needed, and generally working to bring failed backups back into compliance.
- Reporting, Auditing & capacity planning: Developing and providing standard reports to management. Auditing datasets to ensure all servers and data are accounted for. Trending capacities and providing capacity planning of resources.
- Restores & Quality Assurance: Performing restores of data as requested from clients and other Netgain personnel in a timely manner. Performing test restores of multiple backup platforms to ensure efficacy.
- Documentation, SOP, Training, & process improvement: Adhering to existing processes, suggestions of process improvements, maintaining existing and new documentation and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and being able to train others to perform SOP.
- Deployment: Deployment of backup products to newly deployed resources and retiring backup jobs and media from those resources that are retired. Ensuring all changes are reflected in applicable billing systems, documentation, reports, audits, etc.
- Technical Project Management: in the deployment of new hosted services, renovation of current resources, and introduction of new technologies to Netgain’s Datacenter.
- Research and Development: work aimed at the addition of services, upgrade of currently-offered services, or the resolution of key client issues centered in the Netgain Datacenter.
- Pre-purchase configuration, ordering, receipt, installation, and configuration of new application, infrastructure, or web servers, network appliances, power management hardware, rack equipment and accessories.
- Continued awareness, development, and monitoring of Netgain’s network and physical security apparatus.
- Other technical tasks as defined, planned, and approved by the Datacenter Manager or other management.
- Continually improve technical competencies and communication skills.
- Assist in the training and development of Netgain employees.
- Suggest innovative and creative new ideas and ways of improving processes.
- Cooperate with other employees to create a trusting, honest, and productive work team.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Operational understanding of the installation, support, monitoring, and custom modification of Microsoft server-based operating systems
- Operational understanding of IP-based computer networking with LAN and WAN environments
- Microsoft Certified Professional – current on any platform-related product hosting within the Netgain datacenter
SECURITY AND PRIVACY:
This position is subject to a 1-year non-compete and confidentiality agreement, renewable annually.
This position may include an 8:00 p.m. -4:00 a.m. shift per week, scheduled at the discretion of the Datacenter Manager.
Weekly rotation of an emergency 24/7 paging or cell phone system with travel limitations from the data center.
- Accuracy and Integrity: Do I do what I said I was going to do? Did I perform according to schedule? Were your expectations met?
- Availability: Am I responsive to your service requests?
- Partnership: Did you feel that you were listened to? Did I view the situation from your point-of-view? Did you feel that I understood what you were going through?
- Advice: Did I help you learn? Were you taught how to better manage your finances more effectively?
- Relationships with Each Other - Our success is built on teamwork. We communicate openly and truthfully in a timely manner. We encourage constructive feedback. We are helpful and compassionate and have fun together. We want to serve others and treat others the way we want to be treated. We treat clients as though they are a member of our team, and desire long-lasting, meaningful relationships with them.
- Respect for People - We value each person’s intrinsic value and uniqueness. We acknowledge everyone’s contribution and respect his/her opinions. Our work environment is open, honest, supportive and fulfilling. Our company is built on trust, and we work to earn the trust of the market we serve.
- Responsibility for Actions and Results - We keep promises. Each person is empowered to make the organization a success and is 100% accountable for his/her actions. We understand that others take action upon our advice so we offer it wisely. We challenge the status quo, promote continuous improvement and reward excellence. We lead by example and do not avoid difficult decisions. We invest in our people and operations for future growth and profit. We meet our commitments to employees, suppliers and clients every day.