If you feel you're a qualified candidate for the position listed below, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and write "L2 Network Analyst" in the subject line.
JOB PURPOSE/SUMMARY STATEMENT:
To develop, improve, and build customer relationships by supporting Netgain‘s network operations. This is a full-time, salaried position with a 90-day probationary period for new employees. Work hours as scheduled and otherwise required to maintain data center or client network responsibilities. Position may include scheduled time outside of normal business hours.
This position reports to the Network Team Lead. This position is subject to 90 day review or as deemed appropriate by the Network Team Lead.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolve tickets escalated from other teams or route to L3 engineer as appropriate.
- Install, monitor and maintain the Networks that support Netgain’s operations, including those within the DC, Internet or other upstream networks, telecom circuits, and customer networks.
- Assist the DC staff at all network layers, including server based networking technologies, either physical or virtual (BGP, OSPF, RAS, VPN, DNS, AD, RADIUS, DHCP, etc.).
- Maintain current best practices for Internet related network technologies (SMTP, DNS, etc.).
- Maintain technical proficiencies in the network equipment used by Netgain including switches, routers, firewalls, servers, VPN, VOIP, etc.
- Documentation of networks and processes (SOP, change control, tickets and diagrams) used to maintain networks or any other work functions.
- Communicating specific network designs or network concepts to other team’s members.
- Continued professional development and R&D to maintain knowledge and application of current industry best practices, security concepts and to incorporate new technologies to Netgain’s hosted services.
- Carrying a pager for network outages (on and off hours) and responding until resolution, hand-off, or escalation to another party.
- Technical Project Management in the deployment of new hosted services, renovation of current resources, and introduction of new technologies to Netgain’s Datacenter.
- Act in an advisory, review, and approval or denial capacity for the sales team with regard to proposals for new deployment of services to new or existing clients.
- Receipt and configuration of network equipment.
- Other technical tasks as defined, planned, and approved by the Datacenter Manager or other management.
- Continually improve technical competencies and communication skills.
- Suggest innovative and creative new ideas and ways of improving processes.
- Cooperate with other employees to create a trusting, honest, and productive work team.
- Accuracy and Integrity: Do we do what we say we were going to do? Did we perform according to schedule? Were your expectations met?
- Availability: Are we responsive to your service requests? Were your applications accessible to you when/where you needed them?
- Partnership: Did you feel that you were listened to? Did we view the situation from your point-of-view? Did you feel that we understood what you were going through?
- Advice: Did we help you learn? Were you taught how to better manage your technology more effectively?
REQUIRED TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Router, switch and firewall command line configuration, specifically Cisco, HP, and Juniper.TCP/IP networks in LAN and WAN configurations.
- TCP/IP networks in LAN and WAN configurations.
- Ideally, the candidate would maintain a Microsoft, Cisco, or Juniper certification on any platform related product hosted within the Netgain datacenter.
SECURITY AND PRIVACY:
This position is subject to a 1-year non-compete and confidentiality agreement, renewable annually.
- This position includes one 8:00 p.m.-4:00 a.m. shift per week, scheduled at the discretion of the Datacenter Manager.
- Emergency pager rotation.
- Compensation to Scale
- Benefits available
- Relationships with Each Other - Our success is built on teamwork. We communicate openly and truthfully in a timely manner. We encourage constructive feedback. We are helpful and compassionate and have fun together. We want to serve others and treat others the way we want to be treated. We treat clients as though they are a member of our team, and desire long-lasting, meaningful relationships with them.
- Respect for People - We value each person’s intrinsic value and uniqueness. We acknowledge everyone’s contribution and respect his/her opinions. Our work environment is open, honest, supportive and fulfilling. Our company is built on trust, and we work to earn the trust of the market we serve.
- Responsibility for Actions and Results - We keep promises. Each person is empowered to make the organization a success and is 100% accountable for his/her actions. We understand that others take action upon our advice so we offer it wisely. We challenge the status quo, promote continuous improvement and reward excellence. We lead by example and do not avoid difficult decisions. We invest in our people and operations for future growth and profit. We meet our commitments to employees, suppliers and clients every day.