If you feel you're a qualified candidate for the position listed below, please email your resume to email@example.com and write "Infrastructure Analyst L2 (Full Time)" in the subject line.
JOB PURPOSE/SUMMARY STATEMENT:
To develop, improve, and build customer relationships by supporting Netgain Technology’s Datacenter operations. This is a full time, salaried position with a 90 day probationary period for new employees.
This position will have specific responsibilities with our VMware server virtualization environment and our NetApp storage area network (SAN). Qualified candidates would have some experience with server virtualization products, specifically with VMware ESX/vSphere and a background in enterprise storage (specifically NetApp). Server and network management would also be beneficial.
This position reports to the Virtualization Team Lead and is subject to 90 day review or as deemed appropriate by the Infrastructure Manager, VP of Operations, or President.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing superior technical support of Infrastructure customers including Netgain direct
- customers, other Netgain departments and resellers of Netgain services.
- Technical responsibilities and operations to support, maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot and improve infrastructure related systems (including but not limited to; SAN, virtual systems, network architecture, security, and environmental systems).
- The application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications.
- The design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing and modification of computer and infrastructure systems (in production or test lab) based on and related to user or system design specifications.
- Continued professional development of skills in communication, customer service and Infrastructure best practices, techniques and operations.
- Research and Development of existing and new Infrastructure systems.
- Pre-purchase configuration, ordering, receipt, installation, and configuration of new infrastructure related items.
- Assist in the training and development of Netgain employees.
- Suggest innovative and creative new ideas and ways of improving processes.
- Cooperate with other employees to create a trusting, honest, and productive work team.
- Technical Project Management of infrastructure related projects.
- Accuracy and Integrity: Do we do what we say we were going to do?
- Availability: Are we responsive to your service requests?
- Partnership: Did we listen, understand and empathize with our customers?
- Advice: Did we give them the best technical solution?
REQUIRED TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES:
- Operational understanding of the installation, support, monitoring, and custom modification of Microsoft server-based operating systems.
- Operational understanding of IP-based computer networking within LAN and WAN environments.
SECURITY AND PRIVACY:
This position is subject to a 1-year non-compete and confidentiality agreement.
- Off-hours Maintenance: Supporting our customers requires off-hour maintenance (both scheduled and unscheduled) as deemed necessary by management.
- On-call: Membership of the emergency pager rotation that requires the ability to respond 24/7 to issues and may require travel limitations from the data center.
- Monitoring: Monitoring of critical systems.
Salary, compensation to scale, with benefits.
- Relationships with Each Other - Our success is built on teamwork. We communicate openly and truthfully in a timely manner. We encourage constructive feedback. We are helpful and compassionate and have fun together. We want to serve others and treat others the way we want to be treated. We treat clients as though they are a member of our team, and desire long-lasting, meaningful relationships with them.
- Respect for People - We value each person’s intrinsic value and uniqueness. We acknowledge everyone’s contribution and respect his/her opinions. Our work environment is open, honest, supportive and fulfilling. Our company is built on trust, and we work to earn the trust of the market we serve.
- Responsibility for Actions and Results - We keep promises. Each person is empowered to make the organization a success and is 100% accountable for his/her actions. We understand that others take action upon our advice so we offer it wisely. We challenge the status quo, promote continuous improvement and reward excellence. We lead by example and do not avoid difficult decisions. We invest in our people and operations for future growth and profit. We meet our commitments to employees, suppliers and clients every day.